After the success of the knitted Remembrance poppies, the Town Council would like to cover the town with woollen items, in the style of yarn bombing, for the Wool Fair on Bank Holiday Monday 29th May.
What we would like:
- Knitted or crocheted squares (approx. 40 stiches or 20cm/8inch squares on 4mm needles)- which we will sew together. After the Wool fair these will be washed and recycled to make blankets for the Ethiopian hospital we have been supporting for many years.
- Knitted or crocheted Bunting (approx. 40 stiches or 20cm/8inch wide)
- Pompoms- any size or colour
- Lengths of knitting (for example 1 yard/meter length strips of that are 20cm/8inch wide)
- Poppies in white/cream or black/dark brown as made for Remembrance day.
- Donations of wool.
If you would like patterns for the above, have any ideas or want to take part, please contact Miggy Murphy on 01608 661205 or at email@example.com
Please bring any donations (however small) by 19th May to New Clark House, West Street, CV364HD which is open every weekday 9 am-1 pm. Thank you!