Don’t miss what’s happening at the Shipston Wool Fair 2018 – Monday 28th May
There will be the usual show ring in the main square with a number of rare breed sheep on display. Come along and meet the different breeds and learn all about what makes them individual.
Our local shepherd will be back with his trusty dog by his side to tell you all about the life of a shepherd and to answer any questions you may have.
In addition, live shearing demonstrations will occur throughout the day, led by a local shearer who will demonstrate traditional ‘hand shearing’ shearing methods alongside the more modern electrical cutters.
There will be loads of games for children of all ages in the High Street, all manned by volunteers from Shipston Young Farmers, as well as the Wool Homage where families can snap a portrait of themselves. Don’t forget to share your pictures on Shipston Wool Fair FaceBook page.
There is also entertainment all day long, including a variety of music and even dance. And whilst you’re listening, why not enjoy looking at all the stalls in the square, which will be selling quality local crafts, all things woolly, and much, much more.
Program of events:
SHOW RING: RARE BREEDS OF SHEEP ON SHOW
- 11.45am – 12.15pm Meet the Sheep
- 12.45pm – 1.15pm Meet the Sheep
- 2.45pm – 3.15pm Meet the Sheep
SHEARING AREA: DEMONSTRATIONS ALL DAY
MAIN STAGE: ENTERTAINMENT ALL DAY LONG
- 10.00am – 10.50am Shipston Concert Brass
- 10.50am – 11.00am Formal Opening Ceremony
- 11.00am – 11.50am The Pavillionaires
University of the Third Age Jazz Band
- 12.00pm – 12.50pm Shipston High School Jazz Band
- 1.00pm – 1.40pm The Porter Family
Our Local 4 piece family band will be performing popular songs
- 1.45pm – 1.55pm The Flowers of Ilmington
- 2.00pm – 2.40pm Clarksville
This Acoustic Duo will be performing contemporary covers
- 2.45pm – 2.55pm The Flowers of Ilmington
- 3.00pm – 3.45pm The 12 BAA Blues Band
- 3.50pm Farewell to Wool
- 4.00pm Closing Ceremony & Wool Fair Raffle Draw
Official timings may change. Please check back.